MANITOWOC, Wis. (AP) - Green Bay Packers running back Cedric Benson has been cited for letting his dogs run loose and attack a neighbor's livestock in Manitowoc County.
A citation says Benson's two Rottweilers attacked 17 calves at his neighbor's farm in Maribel last month. A sheriff's department report says the dogs were found chewing the calves' legs and that several suffered deep wounds.
The report says Benson told deputies he had put up a fence to contain the dogs, but that they managed to escape. Benson was cited a second time Jan. 13 after someone complained the dogs were again running loose in the area.
The `dogs at large' aren't the only citations for Benson in Manitowoc County. The 30-year-old running back has also been cited this month for driving without a valid license and going 41 mph over the speed limit.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers