MANITOWOC, Wis. (AP) - Green Bay Packers running back Cedric Benson has been cited for letting his dogs run loose and attack a neighbor's livestock in Manitowoc County.
A citation says Benson's two Rottweilers attacked 17 calves at his neighbor's farm in Maribel last month. A sheriff's department report says the dogs were found chewing the calves' legs and that several suffered deep wounds.
The report says Benson told deputies he had put up a fence to contain the dogs, but that they managed to escape. Benson was cited a second time Jan. 13 after someone complained the dogs were again running loose in the area.
The `dogs at large' aren't the only citations for Benson in Manitowoc County. The 30-year-old running back has also been cited this month for driving without a valid license and going 41 mph over the speed limit.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore