MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson will star in a new Wisconsin fall tourism ad.
The state Department of Tourism says Nelson and his wife, Emily, will appear in the commercial, directed by Wisconsin native Jerry Zucker.
The Greater Green Bay Convention and Visitors Bureau will hold a premiere party at the Meyer Theater in Green Bay on Aug. 1. The ad will start running in Milwaukee, the Twin Cities and Chicago on Sept. 9.
State Tourism officials say Nelson also plans to write a monthly blog during the football season for TravelWisconsin.com and appear at the Governor's Conference on Tourism next March in Lake Geneva.
Zucker directed "Airplane!" with his brother, David Zucker, who has directed two previous Wisconsin tourism ads.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016