MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson will star in a new Wisconsin fall tourism ad.
The state Department of Tourism says Nelson and his wife, Emily, will appear in the commercial, directed by Wisconsin native Jerry Zucker.
The Greater Green Bay Convention and Visitors Bureau will hold a premiere party at the Meyer Theater in Green Bay on Aug. 1. The ad will start running in Milwaukee, the Twin Cities and Chicago on Sept. 9.
State Tourism officials say Nelson also plans to write a monthly blog during the football season for TravelWisconsin.com and appear at the Governor's Conference on Tourism next March in Lake Geneva.
Zucker directed "Airplane!" with his brother, David Zucker, who has directed two previous Wisconsin tourism ads.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks