GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - The Green Bay Packers are urging fans to stand behind a cheerleader who was targeted on a Chicago Bears Facebook fan page.
As a University of Wisconsin-Green Bay student, Kaitlyn Collins has previously cheered for the Packers, who use college cheerleaders on game days. Earlier this week a photo of Collins was posted on an unofficial Bears' fan page with a disparaging note. Belittling comments about Collins followed.
Collins tells WLUK-TV a lot of the comments were very hurtful. She and her friends contacted Facebook to have the post removed. Hundreds of messages of support poured in. The Bears fan page posted an apology.
The Green Bay Packers issued a statement calling the online commentary "extremely offensive," expressed support for Collins and urged others to do the same.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser