GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - The Green Bay Packers are urging fans to stand behind a cheerleader who was targeted on a Chicago Bears Facebook fan page.
As a University of Wisconsin-Green Bay student, Kaitlyn Collins has previously cheered for the Packers, who use college cheerleaders on game days. Earlier this week a photo of Collins was posted on an unofficial Bears' fan page with a disparaging note. Belittling comments about Collins followed.
Collins tells WLUK-TV a lot of the comments were very hurtful. She and her friends contacted Facebook to have the post removed. Hundreds of messages of support poured in. The Bears fan page posted an apology.
The Green Bay Packers issued a statement calling the online commentary "extremely offensive," expressed support for Collins and urged others to do the same.
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Luger plans to stay involved in counter-extremism efforts
- Another baby turned over under Iowa safe haven law
- I-94 eastbound near Eau Claire closed late Thursday due to crash
- Bond reduced in university student death case