TOWN OF GARFIELD, Wis. - An Osseo man is dead after a single vehicle crash in Jackson County.
Jackson County Sheriff's authorities responded to the crash by a passerby on a bicycle about 6:45 a.m. Sunday on County Highway B near Hillcrest Road.
Matthew Schermerhorn, 29, was driving west on County Highway B when his vehicle left the roadway and impacted several large trees while attempting to negotiate a curve.
Schermerhorn was pronounced dead at the scene.
Schermerhorn was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.
Authorities believe alcohol and speed may have been factors in the crash.
- La Crosse man arrested for armed robbery, police looking for another
- Neighborhood revitalization projects in full swing this year
- Local fire departments work to hire, retain firefighters
- Man wanted for retail theft leads area authorities on high speed chase
- Poll finds no consensus on Wisconsin roads funding
- Drug and alcohol prevention program expanding to local schools
- Onalaska hires new City Administrator
- Wisconsin fugitive convicted of kidnapping Michigan student
- Police: 2 critically hurt in Wisconsin shooting
- Majority of Wisconsin voters want to keep health care law