TOWN OF GARFIELD, Wis. - An Osseo man is dead after a single vehicle crash in Jackson County.
Jackson County Sheriff's authorities responded to the crash by a passerby on a bicycle about 6:45 a.m. Sunday on County Highway B near Hillcrest Road.
Matthew Schermerhorn, 29, was driving west on County Highway B when his vehicle left the roadway and impacted several large trees while attempting to negotiate a curve.
Schermerhorn was pronounced dead at the scene.
Schermerhorn was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.
Authorities believe alcohol and speed may have been factors in the crash.
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Assignment: Education - Backpack meals
- La Crosse County Health Department installs two needle drop off boxes in La Crosse
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- La Crosse Recycling Fair begins this Sunday
- ‘Youth & Government Day' offers students insight into local government
- Quarry blast shakes ground throughout Mankato