TOWN OF GARFIELD, Wis. - An Osseo man is dead after a single vehicle crash in Jackson County.
Jackson County Sheriff's authorities responded to the crash by a passerby on a bicycle about 6:45 a.m. Sunday on County Highway B near Hillcrest Road.
Matthew Schermerhorn, 29, was driving west on County Highway B when his vehicle left the roadway and impacted several large trees while attempting to negotiate a curve.
Schermerhorn was pronounced dead at the scene.
Schermerhorn was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.
Authorities believe alcohol and speed may have been factors in the crash.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse