TOWN OF GARFIELD, Wis. - An Osseo man is dead after a single vehicle crash in Jackson County.
Jackson County Sheriff's authorities responded to the crash by a passerby on a bicycle about 6:45 a.m. Sunday on County Highway B near Hillcrest Road.
Matthew Schermerhorn, 29, was driving west on County Highway B when his vehicle left the roadway and impacted several large trees while attempting to negotiate a curve.
Schermerhorn was pronounced dead at the scene.
Schermerhorn was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.
Authorities believe alcohol and speed may have been factors in the crash.
- Klobuchar promotes Guard and Reserve legislation
- Aspen Dental offers free dental care to veterans
- Ex-Wisconsin teacher sentenced for sexual assault of student
- Company: 5th worker has died after Wisconsin mill explosion
- UW-L science camps offer kids hands-on learning
- Mayo Clinic opens in Belle Square
- ReNew La Crosse celebrates neighborhood revitalization efforts
- Study provides more accurate estimates of genetic breast, ovarian cancer risk
- Rotary racks up the ribs with annual 'Rock-n-Ribs' event
- Celebrate Onalaska kicks off