TOWN OF GARFIELD, Wis. - An Osseo man is dead after a single vehicle crash in Jackson County.
Jackson County Sheriff's authorities responded to the crash by a passerby on a bicycle about 6:45 a.m. Sunday on County Highway B near Hillcrest Road.
Matthew Schermerhorn, 29, was driving west on County Highway B when his vehicle left the roadway and impacted several large trees while attempting to negotiate a curve.
Schermerhorn was pronounced dead at the scene.
Schermerhorn was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.
Authorities believe alcohol and speed may have been factors in the crash.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 20, 2017
- Oktoberfest officials move Festmaster's Ball to August
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting