LA CROSSE, Wis. - A nationwide spinach recall is affecting 39 states, including Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa.
The voluntary recall of some Organic Baby Spinach is due to possible contamination with E-Coli.
It includes: Central Market Organic, Full Circle Organics, Marketside Organic, Simple Truth Organic, and Taylor Farms Organic.
They are being sold in 5 oz and 16 oz trays and has a best by date of February 24. It's a good idea if you have purchased spinach to check the label.
"With 39 states impacted, people who are viewing this newscast may actually have been impacted or may be sitting with this spinach in their refrigerator," said Bridget Pfaff, infectious disease specialist at Gundersen Lutheran. "So what should I do now? Either A, just throw it out. Or go ahead and take it back to the store you bought it from, I wouldn't take any chances."
The e-coli bacteria can cause abdominal cramps, vomiting and diarrhea and can even lead to kidney failure especially in children and the elderly.19010278
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners