LA CROSSE, Wis. - A nationwide spinach recall is affecting 39 states, including Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa.
The voluntary recall of some Organic Baby Spinach is due to possible contamination with E-Coli.
It includes: Central Market Organic, Full Circle Organics, Marketside Organic, Simple Truth Organic, and Taylor Farms Organic.
They are being sold in 5 oz and 16 oz trays and has a best by date of February 24. It's a good idea if you have purchased spinach to check the label.
"With 39 states impacted, people who are viewing this newscast may actually have been impacted or may be sitting with this spinach in their refrigerator," said Bridget Pfaff, infectious disease specialist at Gundersen Lutheran. "So what should I do now? Either A, just throw it out. Or go ahead and take it back to the store you bought it from, I wouldn't take any chances."
The e-coli bacteria can cause abdominal cramps, vomiting and diarrhea and can even lead to kidney failure especially in children and the elderly.19010278
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure