LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - For many high school girls, the race for a prom dress is on - and one more store is opening up to help them find the perfect one.
The YWCA's Teen LEAD program opened its annual Orange Door Prom Store today. The shop features new and gently-used prom dresses at a discount, priced up to about $50. Organizers say the store gives every Coulee region girl the opportunity to enjoy prom.
Money raised from the shop will go toward the YWCA's Teen Services program. Program members are working at the store and learning some valuable skills along the way.
"It definitely gives the staff a high-pace environment, so they have to be able to learn balance and leadership and confidence and customer service sort of skills," said YWCA Team Services Director Tracie Stinson.
The store will be open this weekend and Feb. 21-23. Saturdays and Sundays you can shop from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m., and Fridays from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. The shop is located at Third Street South in downtown La Crosse.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently