LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - For many high school girls, the race for a prom dress is on - and one more store is opening up to help them find the perfect one.
The YWCA's Teen LEAD program opened its annual Orange Door Prom Store today. The shop features new and gently-used prom dresses at a discount, priced up to about $50. Organizers say the store gives every Coulee region girl the opportunity to enjoy prom.
Money raised from the shop will go toward the YWCA's Teen Services program. Program members are working at the store and learning some valuable skills along the way.
"It definitely gives the staff a high-pace environment, so they have to be able to learn balance and leadership and confidence and customer service sort of skills," said YWCA Team Services Director Tracie Stinson.
The store will be open this weekend and Feb. 21-23. Saturdays and Sundays you can shop from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m., and Fridays from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. The shop is located at Third Street South in downtown La Crosse.
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 25, 2017
- Area church making capes for kids in pediatric ward
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- La Crosse Children's Museum celebrates 18 years
- Lawmakers push bill to address dropped rural cellphone calls