SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - The Sparta Area Chamber of Commerce is using its "Opportunity Grant" to help businesses, help their community.
The chamber is looking for candidates which meets its mission statement. Applicants should help unify the community while creating new possibilities for others. The grant is partly due to the success of the chamber. An increase in membership allowed the chamber to set aside funds to help businesses in the area.
Members of the chamber hope the grant will bring in businesses that can help boost its economy in struggling parts of the city, especially its downtown.
"I would love to see some retail specialty shops that are looking to move to our downtown one of the things that was mentioned it would be great to have a bakery in our downtown, for those people that are looking for those fresh products," said Executive Director of the chamber Tim Hyma.
Applications must be sent in to the Chamber of Commerce before September 30.The chamber will select candidates at the end of October.
Funds will be available for those selected by the first of the year.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years