LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A new social media craze went viral last weekend and is a major cause for concern.
Maybe you've heard of the "Cinnamon Challenge" or the "Cold Water Challenge."
This one is called the "Fire Challenge." It has participants pour rubbing alcohol on themselves and then lighting it on fire. The goal of the challenge is to put the fire out before receiving burns.
One Kentucky teen took the challenge and ended up in the hospital with second degree burns. Unlike the "Cinnamon Challenge" or the "Cold Water Challenge" this one can be life threatening.
"This definitely ramps up the escalation of potential injury and harm that can come to the patient or to the individual that is taking some challenge like this," said Gundersen Health System Trauma Surgeon Mason Fisher.
Life threatening injuries can occur within seconds of being lit on fire.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student