VIROQUA, Wis. -- A rural Hillsboro man is dead and two others are injured after a motorcycle accident in Vernon County Sunday night.
46-year-old Michael HInze was driving his motorcycle north on County Road H in the town of Union at about 6:15 p.m. when he crossed the center line on a curve and hit a southbound vehicle head-on.
Hinze and his passenger, 17-year-old Steven Blaha of rural Hillsboro, were thrown from the motorcycle. Hinze was pronounced dead at the scene. Blaha was airlifted to Gundersen Lutheran in La Crosse with severe injuries. He was listed in critical condition Monday afternoon.
The driver of the vehicle, 44-year-old Kevin Burch of Hillsboro, was taken to St. Joseph Hospital in Hillsboro with minor injuries.396308
Neither Hinze nor Blaha were wearing helmets. The accident is under investigation. It's the third fatal accident in Vernon County this year.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance