VIROQUA, Wis. -- A rural Hillsboro man is dead and two others are injured after a motorcycle accident in Vernon County Sunday night.
46-year-old Michael HInze was driving his motorcycle north on County Road H in the town of Union at about 6:15 p.m. when he crossed the center line on a curve and hit a southbound vehicle head-on.
Hinze and his passenger, 17-year-old Steven Blaha of rural Hillsboro, were thrown from the motorcycle. Hinze was pronounced dead at the scene. Blaha was airlifted to Gundersen Lutheran in La Crosse with severe injuries. He was listed in critical condition Monday afternoon.
The driver of the vehicle, 44-year-old Kevin Burch of Hillsboro, was taken to St. Joseph Hospital in Hillsboro with minor injuries.396308
Neither Hinze nor Blaha were wearing helmets. The accident is under investigation. It's the third fatal accident in Vernon County this year.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration