DE SOTO, Wis. (WKBT) - A head-on crash left one dead early Sunday morning in rural De Soto.
Jim Pavwoski Flanagan, 18, of rural De Soto, was operating a vehicle northbound on State Highway 35, near Chipmunk Ridge Road. A witness saw the vehicle swerve into oncoming traffic and hit a car head-on.
The driver of the other vehicle, Katherine Devereaux, 29, of Prairie Du Chien, and Pavwoski Flanagan both had to be extricated from their cars.
Both were transported to Gundersen Health System where Pavwoski Flanagan was later pronounced dead. Devereaux was treated and released.
Reports state that Devereaux was wearing a seat belt, but Pavwoski Flanagan was not.
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- La Crosse rally supports transgender youth
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Officers go 'wild' in support of Special Olympics
- Family Fest returns to La Crosse Center this weekend
- Vikings' stadium board at full strength after resignations
- Storm misses Birkie course, race canceled
- Judges express skepticism over claims in voting cases