MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Matt Thomas scored a game-high 30 points to lead Onalaska to a 55-38 victory over Kaukauna in the WIAA Division 2 state boys basketball championship game at the Kohl Center.
Thomas finished 9 for 18 from the field, including 4 of 7 on 3-pointers. He also made eight of nine free throws and pulled down a game-high 11 rebounds as Onalaska (27-1) claimed its third state title.9457374
A Thomas 3-pointer with 2 seconds left in the second quarter gave Onalaska a 13-point halftime lead. The Hilltoppers went on a 13-2 run to open the second half and lock up their 19th straight victory.
Thomas single-handedly outscored Kaukauna 21-16 in the first half.
Seniors Kyle Schuh and Jordan Kaufman had nine points apiece for the Ghosts (25-3).
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.