MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Matt Thomas scored a game-high 30 points to lead Onalaska to a 55-38 victory over Kaukauna in the WIAA Division 2 state boys basketball championship game at the Kohl Center.
Thomas finished 9 for 18 from the field, including 4 of 7 on 3-pointers. He also made eight of nine free throws and pulled down a game-high 11 rebounds as Onalaska (27-1) claimed its third state title.9457374
A Thomas 3-pointer with 2 seconds left in the second quarter gave Onalaska a 13-point halftime lead. The Hilltoppers went on a 13-2 run to open the second half and lock up their 19th straight victory.
Thomas single-handedly outscored Kaukauna 21-16 in the first half.
Seniors Kyle Schuh and Jordan Kaufman had nine points apiece for the Ghosts (25-3).
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks