ONALASKA, WIS - The Onalaska teacher accused of harassing her boyfriend while holding a knife has been reinstated.
The Onalaska School District announced that Sandy Kauphusman will be restored to active duty status this coming school year. The band teacher was originally placed on leave on May 1 for allegedly harassing her boyfriend.
The school district believes Kauphusman is ready to come back to the classroom.
"The District is satisfied that Ms. Kauphusman is prepared to resume her full time responsibilities," said Fran Finco, Onalaska Superintendent.
In April, Kauphusman's boyfriend of 15 years said the teacher verbally harassed him while holding a knife. In the police report her boyfriend went on to say Kauphusman threatened to kill him.
Winona County authorities learned the details through a cell phone video the boyfriend shot during the incident.21522330
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting