ONALASKA, WIS - The Onalaska teacher accused of harassing her boyfriend while holding a knife has been reinstated.
The Onalaska School District announced that Sandy Kauphusman will be restored to active duty status this coming school year. The band teacher was originally placed on leave on May 1 for allegedly harassing her boyfriend.
The school district believes Kauphusman is ready to come back to the classroom.
"The District is satisfied that Ms. Kauphusman is prepared to resume her full time responsibilities," said Fran Finco, Onalaska Superintendent.
In April, Kauphusman's boyfriend of 15 years said the teacher verbally harassed him while holding a knife. In the police report her boyfriend went on to say Kauphusman threatened to kill him.
Winona County authorities learned the details through a cell phone video the boyfriend shot during the incident.21522330
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing