LA CROSSE, Wis. - An Onalaska man is arrested for possessing child pornography.
Michael Abbott, 32, was taken into custody yesterday after the Onalaska Police Department executed a warrant with the Wisconsin Department of Justice.
On Wednesday, Abbott was charged with a felony count of possession of child pornography.
According to the criminal complaint, a Department of Justice agent reviewed 12 images and videos recovered from an external hard drive at Abbott's apartment. They were consistent with child porn. Abbott admitted to investigators he possesses more than 1,000 images.
A La Crosse County judge set a $5,000 cash bond for Abbott.19496948
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota