LA CROSSE, Wis. - An Onalaska man is arrested for possessing child pornography.
Michael Abbott, 32, was taken into custody yesterday after the Onalaska Police Department executed a warrant with the Wisconsin Department of Justice.
On Wednesday, Abbott was charged with a felony count of possession of child pornography.
According to the criminal complaint, a Department of Justice agent reviewed 12 images and videos recovered from an external hard drive at Abbott's apartment. They were consistent with child porn. Abbott admitted to investigators he possesses more than 1,000 images.
A La Crosse County judge set a $5,000 cash bond for Abbott.19496948
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity