LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - People packed into the auditorium at Onalaska High School Saturday night for a special night of show tunes.
For the 27th year, choirs from more than 20 middle and high schools across the Midwest took part in the two-day sing-off competition. The top six groups in the competition faced off Saturday. La Crosse's Logan High School placed third.
The Onalaska choir director says it's an event to show-case the hard work these students have put in all year.
"I think it's a great example of what young people are doing these days," he said. "I think anybody who is worried about the next generation shouldn't. If they come to this event they will see that we are in really good hand with this future generation. They are just some fabulous students."
Several local teams are competing in the singing show-off, including Onalaska, Holmen and Logan High School.
Results of the Onalaska High School Show Choir competition:
Grand Champion: Hastings High Riverside Company
1st Runner Up: Mt. Zion Swingsations
2nd Runner Up: Bloomington Kennedy High Rhythm In Gold
3rd Runner Up: La Crosse Logan High Class Act
4th Runner Up: Eau Claire Memorial High Old Abes
5th Runner Up: Neenah High Vintage 2014
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Bond reduced in university student death case
- Iowa man who broke baby daughter's bones gets probation
- Dispatchers receive call about possible homicide
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking