LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - People packed into the auditorium at Onalaska High School Saturday night for a special night of show tunes.
For the 27th year, choirs from more than 20 middle and high schools across the Midwest took part in the two-day sing-off competition. The top six groups in the competition faced off Saturday. La Crosse's Logan High School placed third.
The Onalaska choir director says it's an event to show-case the hard work these students have put in all year.
"I think it's a great example of what young people are doing these days," he said. "I think anybody who is worried about the next generation shouldn't. If they come to this event they will see that we are in really good hand with this future generation. They are just some fabulous students."
Several local teams are competing in the singing show-off, including Onalaska, Holmen and Logan High School.
Results of the Onalaska High School Show Choir competition:
Grand Champion: Hastings High Riverside Company
1st Runner Up: Mt. Zion Swingsations
2nd Runner Up: Bloomington Kennedy High Rhythm In Gold
3rd Runner Up: La Crosse Logan High Class Act
4th Runner Up: Eau Claire Memorial High Old Abes
5th Runner Up: Neenah High Vintage 2014
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest