ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - An assisted living community in Onalaska is expanding.
SpringBrook Community Assisted Living is adding on 38 apartments to its building, bringing the total number of units to more than 100.
They broke ground on the site Wednesday. It's the organization's second expansion since it opened in 2007. The first added memory care services.
They say they need the additional space to meet the growing demand for care.
"We're going to be able to meet the needs of more people also adding more memory care available, as well, we're seeing that as a need in our community as well," said SpringBrook Nursing Services Director Debbie Harris.
They hope to wrap up the project by next summer.
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- La Crosse Loggers host open house at newly renovated Lumberyard
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony
- Onalaska removing brick crosswalks on Highway 35
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 26, 2017
- La Crosse school officials prepare for Summer Food Service Program