ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - An assisted living community in Onalaska is expanding.
SpringBrook Community Assisted Living is adding on 38 apartments to its building, bringing the total number of units to more than 100.
They broke ground on the site Wednesday. It's the organization's second expansion since it opened in 2007. The first added memory care services.
They say they need the additional space to meet the growing demand for care.
"We're going to be able to meet the needs of more people also adding more memory care available, as well, we're seeing that as a need in our community as well," said SpringBrook Nursing Services Director Debbie Harris.
They hope to wrap up the project by next summer.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- Businesses gather for discussion on possible new tax
- Students learn robotics at Trane in La Crosse
- The guitar that will build a La Crosse home
- Representative Kind hears from local voters in La Crosse
- Iowa House panel OKs medical marijuana oil bill
- Minnesota man gets 2 year sentence for lying in terror case
- Email shows Holtz was counting on 'reform group' to help