LA CROSSE, Wis. - People have the opportunity to see storefronts of old downtown La Crosse thanks to research by a UW-La Crosse graduate.
Sophia Lorent created a display in one of the kiosks downtown highlighting the window displays Doerflinger's has had up mostly in the 1930's and 40's.
The poster is located on the corner of fourth and main streets. She says the displays did more than show off the trendy merchandise stores had to offer.
"Not only do department store window shop displays improve the image of the store itself but it improves the image of the entire downtown area and looking at the different types of displays they did I noticed there was a lot of looking at the local history of La Crosse," Lorent said.
The display will be up for a least a month and another copy will stay in UW-L's Murphy Library.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks