LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Oktoberfest officially began Thursday, and festivities kicked off that morning with the annual Lederhosen Luncheon.
The lunch hosted both new and old Oktoberfest royalty. Festers got a taste of some German cuisine, which of course includes brats and sauerkraut.
While there may be a few final touches for events, officials say they are prepared for the crowds.
"We got a great line-up for the weekend. Looks like the weather's going to be pretty good. We've got a few finishing touches to put on, but we're ready to go," said Oktoberfest 2016 Board President Alex Lueck.
Festivities continue with the Torchlight Parade at 7 p.m.
- The Latest: Teens in Wisconsin plane crash identified
- Wisconsin seeks to be first to drug test Medicaid applicants
- Minneapolis plastic bag ban could be blocked
- Fiserv CEO top paid executive in Wisconsin
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Top paid CEO in Minnesota is in health care industry
- Trump schedules Iowa visit _ his first as president
- La Crosse officials look for input on proposed 'greenway'
- One week after storms, cleanup continues
- Crews begin renovations on La Crosse's Powell Park