LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Oktoberfest officially began Thursday, and festivities kicked off that morning with the annual Lederhosen Luncheon.
The lunch hosted both new and old Oktoberfest royalty. Festers got a taste of some German cuisine, which of course includes brats and sauerkraut.
While there may be a few final touches for events, officials say they are prepared for the crowds.
"We got a great line-up for the weekend. Looks like the weather's going to be pretty good. We've got a few finishing touches to put on, but we're ready to go," said Oktoberfest 2016 Board President Alex Lueck.
Festivities continue with the Torchlight Parade at 7 p.m.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death