LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Oktoberfest officially began Thursday, and festivities kicked off that morning with the annual Lederhosen Luncheon.
The lunch hosted both new and old Oktoberfest royalty. Festers got a taste of some German cuisine, which of course includes brats and sauerkraut.
While there may be a few final touches for events, officials say they are prepared for the crowds.
"We got a great line-up for the weekend. Looks like the weather's going to be pretty good. We've got a few finishing touches to put on, but we're ready to go," said Oktoberfest 2016 Board President Alex Lueck.
Festivities continue with the Torchlight Parade at 7 p.m.
- Evers, Holtz win primary for state school superintendent
- Statewide personal care worker shortage creates uncertain future
- Local golfers take advantage of recent warm weather
- UW-La Crosse officials discuss possibility of tobacco-free campus
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- Padesky, Dutton move on in city council primary
- Radtke, Schaumberg advance in Trempealeau Co. judge primary
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 21, 2017
- Adaptive Sports League wraps up winter season with floor hockey tourney
- February Primaries bring voters out in La Crosse