EVANSDALE, Iowa (AP) -- A park and trail in northeast Iowa that's close to where two cousins were last seen alive is being renamed in their memory.
Waterloo television station KWWL (http://bit.ly/WOZpwS ) reports the park at Meyers Lake in Evansdale will now be called Angels' Park in memory of Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins. The trail around the park will be called Trail of Angels.
The Parks & Recreation Board in Evansdale approved the name change Monday night. An Evansdale Chamber of Commerce spokeswoman says other memorials are being worked on for the girls. A fund has been established to help cover the costs of the memorials.
The cousins were last seen in July riding their bikes by the lake. Their bodies were found in December.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota