WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - Waterloo firefighters say a woman started a mobile home fire by intentionally setting clothes on fire atop a gas stove.
Waterloo television station KWWL reports that the fire was reported shortly after 10:00 p.m. Tuesday.
Firefighters say the woman placed a small pile of clothes on the lit stove and refused to leave the home.
A neighbor helped put out the fire before firefighters arrived.
Officials say the woman was taken to an area hospital for a physical and emotional evaluation. No one was hurt in the fire, and the home sustained little damage.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.