WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - Waterloo firefighters say a woman started a mobile home fire by intentionally setting clothes on fire atop a gas stove.
Waterloo television station KWWL reports that the fire was reported shortly after 10:00 p.m. Tuesday.
Firefighters say the woman placed a small pile of clothes on the lit stove and refused to leave the home.
A neighbor helped put out the fire before firefighters arrived.
Officials say the woman was taken to an area hospital for a physical and emotional evaluation. No one was hurt in the fire, and the home sustained little damage.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game