JOHNSTON, Iowa (AP) - A 115-year-old woman in Iowa has become the world's oldest living person.
Guinness World Records posted on its website Wednesday that Dina Manfredini of Johnston has inherited the title after Bessie Cooper of Georgia died Tuesday. Cooper was 116.
Guinness officials provided few details about the latest record holder. Manfredini was born on April 4, 1897, in Italy. She moved to the United States in 1920.
Manfredini currently lives at the Bishop Drumm Retirement Center in Johnston, just north of Des Moines.
A message left for Manfredini and her family was not immediately returned Wednesday.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather