OSKALOOSA, Iowa (AP) - Authorities have released the name of a woman who died in a fire that heavily damaged a home she shared with her mother in Oskaloosa.
The fire was reported a little before 4 a.m. Thursday. Officials say the woman's mother fled to safety, but her daughter could not. She had a physical disability that required use of a wheelchair.
The Oskaloosa Herald says the victim was identified as Kathy Edgington.
The fire cause is being investigated.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016