OSKALOOSA, Iowa (AP) - Authorities have released the name of a woman who died in a fire that heavily damaged a home she shared with her mother in Oskaloosa.
The fire was reported a little before 4 a.m. Thursday. Officials say the woman's mother fled to safety, but her daughter could not. She had a physical disability that required use of a wheelchair.
The Oskaloosa Herald says the victim was identified as Kathy Edgington.
The fire cause is being investigated.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers