SIOUX CITY, Iowa (AP) - Police have seized an armed man who had held them at bay for around nine hours in Sioux City.
No shots or injuries were reported after officers broke windows and entered the house around 10 a.m. Wednesday. The man's name and other details about him and the standoff haven't been released.
Officers first found the man as they responded to a call at the home on the east side of Sioux City around 1 a.m. Wednesday.
Police say some of the man's relatives had been in the house, but they left.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser