SIOUX CITY, Iowa (AP) - Police have seized an armed man who had held them at bay for around nine hours in Sioux City.
No shots or injuries were reported after officers broke windows and entered the house around 10 a.m. Wednesday. The man's name and other details about him and the standoff haven't been released.
Officers first found the man as they responded to a call at the home on the east side of Sioux City around 1 a.m. Wednesday.
Police say some of the man's relatives had been in the house, but they left.
- Holmen man sentenced for 2015 murder
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse
- Herberger's moving into former Macy's location in La Crosse