WISCONSIN DELLS, Wis. - A Wisconsin Dells police sergeant was cited on suspicion of driving intoxicated and hitting a parked car last week.
Wisconsin Dells Police Chief Jody Ward said in a statement Wednesday that officers responded to a report of a hit-and-run accident at Zeus's Village on Highway A on July 17 at about 4 a.m.
Police said Brent Brown, 32, of Wisconsin Dells, was suspected of hitting an unattended vehicle and leaving, first-offense operating while intoxicated and lane deviation.
Ward said Brown, who is a sergeant with the Dells police department, was off duty when the alleged accident occurred. The investigation was turned over to the State Patrol, the chief said.
Brown is suspended with pay, Ward said in the statement on Wednesday.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser