WISCONSIN DELLS, Wis. - A Wisconsin Dells police sergeant was cited on suspicion of driving intoxicated and hitting a parked car last week.
Wisconsin Dells Police Chief Jody Ward said in a statement Wednesday that officers responded to a report of a hit-and-run accident at Zeus's Village on Highway A on July 17 at about 4 a.m.
Police said Brent Brown, 32, of Wisconsin Dells, was suspected of hitting an unattended vehicle and leaving, first-offense operating while intoxicated and lane deviation.
Ward said Brown, who is a sergeant with the Dells police department, was off duty when the alleged accident occurred. The investigation was turned over to the State Patrol, the chief said.
Brown is suspended with pay, Ward said in the statement on Wednesday.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay