LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse north side residents came together Saturday to help make the city's Move Out Day a little cleaner.
The Logan Northside Neighborhood Association kicked off its "Team up to Clean Up" event Saturday morning, with volunteers helping neighbors in need to throw away their unwanted items. Dumpsters were set up throughout the neighborhood for furniture and other household belongings.
The association is new to the neighborhood, and it's hoping to get more community members involved in their work.
"Our primary purpose is to get some advocacy out there perhaps get some people's opinions and ideas, because really that's the only way we can improve our communities and get our voices out there through good strong collaboration and community support," said Kyle Olson, one of the volunteers.
If you want to get involved with the group, you can visit their Facebook page, "Logan Northside Neighborhood Association."
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East