LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse north side residents came together Saturday to help make the city's Move Out Day a little cleaner.
The Logan Northside Neighborhood Association kicked off its "Team up to Clean Up" event Saturday morning, with volunteers helping neighbors in need to throw away their unwanted items. Dumpsters were set up throughout the neighborhood for furniture and other household belongings.
The association is new to the neighborhood, and it's hoping to get more community members involved in their work.
"Our primary purpose is to get some advocacy out there perhaps get some people's opinions and ideas, because really that's the only way we can improve our communities and get our voices out there through good strong collaboration and community support," said Kyle Olson, one of the volunteers.
If you want to get involved with the group, you can visit their Facebook page, "Logan Northside Neighborhood Association."
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests