LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Work is wrapping up on Northside Elementary in La Crosse and the School District of La Crosse's buildings and grounds manager Jason Showen said everything is on schedule.
Floors are finished in much of the building and teachers will be able to move in within the next week. The new turf field out front is ready to go.
"We just tested the emergency generator for the building on Tuesday, and all of that went well all of the fire systems, elevator, all of that is working and has gone through inspection and passed," Showen said.
Fencing and paving will start happening soon. The buildings and grounds manager says there'll be a little bit of detail work that will spill into the school year.
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Belle Square development moves forward
- Crews begin renovations on La Crosse's Powell Park
- La Crosse officials look for input on proposed 'greenway'
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- One week after storms, cleanup continues
- New La Crosse Fire Chief approved by Fire Commission
- ‘Go Red for Women' La Crosse luncheon highlights heart disease among women
- La Crosse city departments host ‘City Open House' for residents
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash