LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Work is wrapping up on Northside Elementary in La Crosse and the School District of La Crosse's buildings and grounds manager Jason Showen said everything is on schedule.
Floors are finished in much of the building and teachers will be able to move in within the next week. The new turf field out front is ready to go.
"We just tested the emergency generator for the building on Tuesday, and all of that went well all of the fire systems, elevator, all of that is working and has gone through inspection and passed," Showen said.
Fencing and paving will start happening soon. The buildings and grounds manager says there'll be a little bit of detail work that will spill into the school year.
- Family to announce settlement in police shooting case
- Preschool teacher, 4-year-old recovering after ‘perfect kidney' transplant
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Powerball' game
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Minnesota House set for floor vote on Real ID
- Iowa mayor wraps up address with bluesy salute to his city
- Dayton blasts Trump's transgender bathroom reversal
- Ohio, Wisconsin kick start interstate talks on Trump effect
- Discrimination lawsuit against Rochester schools dismissed
- Fresh snow possible for American Birkebeiner