LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Work is wrapping up on Northside Elementary in La Crosse and the School District of La Crosse's buildings and grounds manager Jason Showen said everything is on schedule.
Floors are finished in much of the building and teachers will be able to move in within the next week. The new turf field out front is ready to go.
"We just tested the emergency generator for the building on Tuesday, and all of that went well all of the fire systems, elevator, all of that is working and has gone through inspection and passed," Showen said.
Fencing and paving will start happening soon. The buildings and grounds manager says there'll be a little bit of detail work that will spill into the school year.
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Attorney general announces deal on drug overdose treatment
- The Latest: Dakota Access pipeline could be operating soon
- Warm weather a worry for apple growers
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Judges express skepticism over claims in voting cases
- Police: Twin Cities lawyer fatally struck runner in St. Paul
- Downtown Minneapolis hospital announces layoffs