LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Work is wrapping up on Northside Elementary in La Crosse and the School District of La Crosse's buildings and grounds manager Jason Showen said everything is on schedule.
Floors are finished in much of the building and teachers will be able to move in within the next week. The new turf field out front is ready to go.
"We just tested the emergency generator for the building on Tuesday, and all of that went well all of the fire systems, elevator, all of that is working and has gone through inspection and passed," Showen said.
Fencing and paving will start happening soon. The buildings and grounds manager says there'll be a little bit of detail work that will spill into the school year.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests