LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Schools across our area took time to thank our veterans Friday.
At North Woods Elementary in La Crosse, students put on a musical performance, and also delivered handmade cards and gifts to veterans in attendance.
All of the veterans at the ceremony used to be students at the elementary school.
"We keep it local so that the students feel a connection toward people who have served. A lot of kids don't understand the magnitude and they don't understand what their family has been through," said veteran and North Wood's teacher Scott Borders.
4th and 5th graders from North Woods also took a field trip to UW-L Friday morning to sing at a Veterans Day breakfast.
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Belle Square development moves forward
- Crews begin renovations on La Crosse's Powell Park
- La Crosse officials look for input on proposed 'greenway'
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- One week after storms, cleanup continues
- New La Crosse Fire Chief approved by Fire Commission
- ‘Go Red for Women' La Crosse luncheon highlights heart disease among women
- La Crosse city departments host ‘City Open House' for residents
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash