LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Schools across our area took time to thank our veterans Friday.
At North Woods Elementary in La Crosse, students put on a musical performance, and also delivered handmade cards and gifts to veterans in attendance.
All of the veterans at the ceremony used to be students at the elementary school.
"We keep it local so that the students feel a connection toward people who have served. A lot of kids don't understand the magnitude and they don't understand what their family has been through," said veteran and North Wood's teacher Scott Borders.
4th and 5th graders from North Woods also took a field trip to UW-L Friday morning to sing at a Veterans Day breakfast.
- Wisconsin state schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash
- Green Bay's mayor survives removal petition
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Groomer accused of kicking dog gets 2 years of probation
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Truck driver fatally crushed by pipe near Minneapolis
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday