LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Schools across our area took time to thank our veterans Friday.
At North Woods Elementary in La Crosse, students put on a musical performance, and also delivered handmade cards and gifts to veterans in attendance.
All of the veterans at the ceremony used to be students at the elementary school.
"We keep it local so that the students feel a connection toward people who have served. A lot of kids don't understand the magnitude and they don't understand what their family has been through," said veteran and North Wood's teacher Scott Borders.
4th and 5th graders from North Woods also took a field trip to UW-L Friday morning to sing at a Veterans Day breakfast.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says