LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Don't worry about cooking dinner Friday night, the city is doing it for you.
The free meal is part of the inaugural North La Crosse Neighborhood Grill Out. It's this Friday at Copeland park on La Crosse's North Side. The grille out gives people a chance to learn about the city's new Logan neighborhood. Residents will also meet the La Crosse Police Department's new beat officers.
Most of all the grill out is a time for residents to get to know each other a little bit better.
"Really sometimes you don't know your neighbors and maybe not even your immediate neighbors, more of your greater community," said La Crosse's 3rd District Council Member, Ryan Cornett.
The grill out is Friday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Copeland Park on Copeland Avenue. There is free food and entertainment for anyone that attends.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Minnesota city to unleash goats on invasive plants