LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Don't worry about cooking dinner Friday night, the city is doing it for you.
The free meal is part of the inaugural North La Crosse Neighborhood Grill Out. It's this Friday at Copeland park on La Crosse's North Side. The grille out gives people a chance to learn about the city's new Logan neighborhood. Residents will also meet the La Crosse Police Department's new beat officers.
Most of all the grill out is a time for residents to get to know each other a little bit better.
"Really sometimes you don't know your neighbors and maybe not even your immediate neighbors, more of your greater community," said La Crosse's 3rd District Council Member, Ryan Cornett.
The grill out is Friday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Copeland Park on Copeland Avenue. There is free food and entertainment for anyone that attends.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion