DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - No Powerball winner? It just means a bigger jackpot for the rest of us.
Lottery officials say no ticket matched all the numbers in Wednesday night's Powerball drawing, meaning the current $320 million jackpot could swell before the next drawing on Saturday.
Iowa Lottery spokeswoman Mary Neubauer says the current jackpot is the sixth highest in history, but that it could grow depending on sales at the end of each day.
No one has won the Powerball jackpot since early February.
The holders of two winning tickets -- one purchased in Arizona and the other in Missouri -- shared $587.5 million in November, the largest Powerball jackpot in history.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration