BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. - An electrical issue is suspected to be the cause of a house fire on Zillmer Road in the Township of Manchester on Saturday morning.
The Black River Falls Fire Chief Steve Schreiber says the home owners were preparing Thanksgiving dinner when they reported that a circuit breaker had tripped in the for the kitchen area. The circuit breaker was reset and a short time later, the owners could hear fire burning above the kitchen area in the attic.
When firefighters arrived on scene around 11:10 a.m., heavy smoke was coming from the eves and roof of the single-family home. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the attic area, but the home sustained smoke and water damage.
No one was injured. The American Red Cross was called to help the family.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure