BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. - An electrical issue is suspected to be the cause of a house fire on Zillmer Road in the Township of Manchester on Saturday morning.
The Black River Falls Fire Chief Steve Schreiber says the home owners were preparing Thanksgiving dinner when they reported that a circuit breaker had tripped in the for the kitchen area. The circuit breaker was reset and a short time later, the owners could hear fire burning above the kitchen area in the attic.
When firefighters arrived on scene around 11:10 a.m., heavy smoke was coming from the eves and roof of the single-family home. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the attic area, but the home sustained smoke and water damage.
No one was injured. The American Red Cross was called to help the family.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- La Crosse in top 20 college towns
- Assignment: Education - Global Partners mentors Hamilton students
- Trump to take executive action advancing oil pipelines
- United Way nears campaign goal
- Couleecap granted $53,000 for entrepreneurial support
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8