RITTER, Iowa (AP) - No injuries have been reported in the derailment of a freight train in northwest Iowa.
Sioux City television station KCAU reports that more than a dozen cars left the tracks a little before 6:30 a.m. Thursday near Ritter. Officials say peanut oil and grain have spilled from some of the cars.
The cause of the derailment is being investigated.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion