ROGERS, MN (AP) - A series of explosions forced the evacuation of hundreds of residents of an apartment complex in Rogers.
The explosions happened around 8:45 a.m. Sunday at The Preserve at Commerce in the northwest suburbs of Minneapolis.
Fire Chief Brad Feist said there were no injuries. But Police Chief Jeff Beahen says about 10 units were heavily damaged.
According to the Hennepin County sheriff's office, the explosions happened in a propane backup generator shed on a corner of the property. Around 400 to 500 residents were evacuated to a nearby motel and a nearby movie theater. The Red Cross and Salvation Army were assisting them. Police hoped that many residents could be allowed back Sunday night.
The State Fire Marshal's Office and the Office of Pipeline Safety are investigating the cause.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Fort Lauderdale shooter says he carried out attack for ISIS, FBI claims
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers