ROGERS, MN (AP) - A series of explosions forced the evacuation of hundreds of residents of an apartment complex in Rogers.
The explosions happened around 8:45 a.m. Sunday at The Preserve at Commerce in the northwest suburbs of Minneapolis.
Fire Chief Brad Feist said there were no injuries. But Police Chief Jeff Beahen says about 10 units were heavily damaged.
According to the Hennepin County sheriff's office, the explosions happened in a propane backup generator shed on a corner of the property. Around 400 to 500 residents were evacuated to a nearby motel and a nearby movie theater. The Red Cross and Salvation Army were assisting them. Police hoped that many residents could be allowed back Sunday night.
The State Fire Marshal's Office and the Office of Pipeline Safety are investigating the cause.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract