ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Another stretch of Highway 16 is getting a facelift in Onalaska.
Starting Monday, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation will start nightly road work between South Kinney Coulee Road just past Kwik Trip out to Landfill Road. It is the same work that was done on the highway near Valley View Mall last year.
From 7 p.m. until 6 a.m., one side of the road will be closed, and the other side will become two-way traffic with one lane going in each direction.
"Whenever one side of the road is closed down at night, those adjacent ramps will be closed as well, and we'll just be redirecting traffic to exit four," said WisDOT Project Manager Todd Waldo.
Drivers will likely see some day-time closures from County Road OS towards West Salem. The construction is expected to take about six weeks.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Man convicted of killing Wisconsin woman buried in basement
- Jury convicts man in St. Paul workplace shooting of ex-wife
- Troopers focus on Interstate 90 in South Dakota, Minnesota
- Woman jumps on hood of car to stop thief
- Judge dismisses lawsuit from teacher body-slammed by student
- Dubuque high school teacher charged in marijuana case
- 18-year-old suspect in custody in Appleton bank robbery
- Minneapolis man arrested in Columbia Heights bank robbery