ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Another stretch of Highway 16 is getting a facelift in Onalaska.
Starting Monday, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation will start nightly road work between South Kinney Coulee Road just past Kwik Trip out to Landfill Road. It is the same work that was done on the highway near Valley View Mall last year.
From 7 p.m. until 6 a.m., one side of the road will be closed, and the other side will become two-way traffic with one lane going in each direction.
"Whenever one side of the road is closed down at night, those adjacent ramps will be closed as well, and we'll just be redirecting traffic to exit four," said WisDOT Project Manager Todd Waldo.
Drivers will likely see some day-time closures from County Road OS towards West Salem. The construction is expected to take about six weeks.
- Hunger Task Force garners tons of food through Family Fest
- La Crosse Fire Department offering free smoke alarm installation
- Area prospective home buyers learning basics
- Sunday liquor sales heads for final Minnesota Senate vote
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Researchers may have found link between stress and weight gain