ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Another stretch of Highway 16 is getting a facelift in Onalaska.
Starting Monday, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation will start nightly road work between South Kinney Coulee Road just past Kwik Trip out to Landfill Road. It is the same work that was done on the highway near Valley View Mall last year.
From 7 p.m. until 6 a.m., one side of the road will be closed, and the other side will become two-way traffic with one lane going in each direction.
"Whenever one side of the road is closed down at night, those adjacent ramps will be closed as well, and we'll just be redirecting traffic to exit four," said WisDOT Project Manager Todd Waldo.
Drivers will likely see some day-time closures from County Road OS towards West Salem. The construction is expected to take about six weeks.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.