MILWAUKEE (AP) - Former NFL linebacker George Koonce will join a panel of experts at Marquette University for a forum on sports related concussions.
Koonce now works as a director of development at Marquette University and is a member of the NFL's Player Engagement Advisory Board.
Other panelists include a professor of neurosurgery and neurology at the Medical College of Wisconsin and an assistant athletic trainer at Marquette University.
The five panelists altogether will discuss the long-term effects of concussion, the impact on a developing brain and what can be done to prevent one.
The forum, which is put together by the school's College of Sciences, will be Jan. 28 at Marquette's Alumni Memorial Union. It's called "Concussion - Societal Impact of Sports-related Mild Traumatic Brain Injury."
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers