MILWAUKEE (AP) - Former NFL linebacker George Koonce will join a panel of experts at Marquette University for a forum on sports related concussions.
Koonce now works as a director of development at Marquette University and is a member of the NFL's Player Engagement Advisory Board.
Other panelists include a professor of neurosurgery and neurology at the Medical College of Wisconsin and an assistant athletic trainer at Marquette University.
The five panelists altogether will discuss the long-term effects of concussion, the impact on a developing brain and what can be done to prevent one.
The forum, which is put together by the school's College of Sciences, will be Jan. 28 at Marquette's Alumni Memorial Union. It's called "Concussion - Societal Impact of Sports-related Mild Traumatic Brain Injury."
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.