LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A new map feature on News8000 gives a statewide view of traffic fatalities in the state dating back to 2001.
The feature rolled out Tuesday is the result of a partnership with the Wisconsin Department of Transportation Bureau of Transportation Safety and the Wisconsin Traffic Operations and Safety Laboratory.
The map allows users to view information by county and sort the display of traffic fatalities that involved alcohol, bicyclists, pedestrians, motorcycles, speed or construction zones. The data is updated as it is submitted.
It's hoped the map will bring attention to highway safety issues in Wisconsin.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Man convicted of killing Wisconsin woman buried in basement
- Jury convicts man in St. Paul workplace shooting of ex-wife
- Troopers focus on Interstate 90 in South Dakota, Minnesota
- Woman jumps on hood of car to stop thief
- Judge dismisses lawsuit from teacher body-slammed by student
- Dubuque high school teacher charged in marijuana case
- 18-year-old suspect in custody in Appleton bank robbery
- Minneapolis man arrested in Columbia Heights bank robbery