LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A new map feature on News8000 gives a statewide view of traffic fatalities in the state dating back to 2001.
The feature rolled out Tuesday is the result of a partnership with the Wisconsin Department of Transportation Bureau of Transportation Safety and the Wisconsin Traffic Operations and Safety Laboratory.
The map allows users to view information by county and sort the display of traffic fatalities that involved alcohol, bicyclists, pedestrians, motorcycles, speed or construction zones. The data is updated as it is submitted.
It's hoped the map will bring attention to highway safety issues in Wisconsin.
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Attorney general announces deal on drug overdose treatment
- The Latest: Dakota Access pipeline could be operating soon
- Warm weather a worry for apple growers
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Appeals court hearing arguments in Wisconsin voting cases
- Police: Twin Cities lawyer fatally struck runner in St. Paul
- Downtown Minneapolis hospital announces layoffs
- Storm misses Birkie course, race canceled
- Vikings' stadium board at full strength after resignations