LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A new map feature on News8000 gives a statewide view of traffic fatalities in the state dating back to 2001.
The feature rolled out Tuesday is the result of a partnership with the Wisconsin Department of Transportation Bureau of Transportation Safety and the Wisconsin Traffic Operations and Safety Laboratory.
The map allows users to view information by county and sort the display of traffic fatalities that involved alcohol, bicyclists, pedestrians, motorcycles, speed or construction zones. The data is updated as it is submitted.
It's hoped the map will bring attention to highway safety issues in Wisconsin.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota