WASHINGTON, D.C. (WKBT) - More than 90 veterans from the tri-state area went on a Freedom Honor Flight to visit the war memorials in Washington, D.C. on Saturday, May 17.
News 8's John Schmidt and Jennifer Livingston went along for the trip. In this week's Eye Piece, we give you a view of the monuments in the spirit of Memorial Day.
In the piece, the "Battle Hymn of the Republic" was performed by the Central Robed Choir, Chamber Orchestra and Wind Ensemble during the 92nd annual La Crosse Central High School Memorial Day Observance on Friday, May 23.
John and Jennifer are also working on an "In Search Of" series featuring the veterans who went on the Freedom Honor Flight. It will air in early June. The specific dates have not been set yet.
Every Friday on News 8 at 6, we'll feature a photo essay from our talented photographers.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death