WASHINGTON, D.C. (WKBT) - More than 90 veterans from the tri-state area went on a Freedom Honor Flight to visit the war memorials in Washington, D.C. on Saturday, May 17.
News 8's John Schmidt and Jennifer Livingston went along for the trip. In this week's Eye Piece, we give you a view of the monuments in the spirit of Memorial Day.
In the piece, the "Battle Hymn of the Republic" was performed by the Central Robed Choir, Chamber Orchestra and Wind Ensemble during the 92nd annual La Crosse Central High School Memorial Day Observance on Friday, May 23.
John and Jennifer are also working on an "In Search Of" series featuring the veterans who went on the Freedom Honor Flight. It will air in early June. The specific dates have not been set yet.
Every Friday on News 8 at 6, we'll feature a photo essay from our talented photographers.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Man convicted of killing Wisconsin woman buried in basement
- Jury convicts man in St. Paul workplace shooting of ex-wife
- Troopers focus on Interstate 90 in South Dakota, Minnesota
- Woman jumps on hood of car to stop thief
- Judge dismisses lawsuit from teacher body-slammed by student
- Dubuque high school teacher charged in marijuana case
- 18-year-old suspect in custody in Appleton bank robbery
- Minneapolis man arrested in Columbia Heights bank robbery