WASHINGTON, D.C. (WKBT) - More than 90 veterans from the tri-state area went on a Freedom Honor Flight to visit the war memorials in Washington, D.C. on Saturday, May 17.
News 8's John Schmidt and Jennifer Livingston went along for the trip. In this week's Eye Piece, we give you a view of the monuments in the spirit of Memorial Day.
In the piece, the "Battle Hymn of the Republic" was performed by the Central Robed Choir, Chamber Orchestra and Wind Ensemble during the 92nd annual La Crosse Central High School Memorial Day Observance on Friday, May 23.
John and Jennifer are also working on an "In Search Of" series featuring the veterans who went on the Freedom Honor Flight. It will air in early June. The specific dates have not been set yet.
Every Friday on News 8 at 6, we'll feature a photo essay from our talented photographers.
- Wisconsin Revenue Department touts anti-fraud efforts
- The Latest: Wisconsin superintendent hopefuls hold forum
- Two found dead near Oshkosh during welfare check
- Republican proposes raising UW tuition by inflation, income
- New budget forecast coming Tuesday
- Stripper sues club in popular tourist destination
- Candidates for Wisconsin superintendent face off at forum
- Dayton administration proposes more energy from renewables
- Lawmakers push for hemp comeback in Wisconsin
- Senate to vote on ending ban on Sunday liquor sales