LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - In Friday's News 8 Eye Piece, Photographer John Schmidt takes you to Toad's Cove Arena BMX.
The former Centerville BMX track has been on County Highway B in La Crosse since March and giving people of all ages a chance to ride on an indoor dirt track.
"You go one time around that track, you're gonna know you're burning calories. It works everything. It works your legs, your arms, every part of your body. These kids are learning these bikes before they can pedal. So the Stryders, what they do is they sit on this bike and they push themselves. And as they push themselves, they're getting that balance," said Toad's Cove Arena BMX Owner Andy Todd.
They hold competitions Thursday nights and on weekends and they hope to host national competitions in the near future
- Area hotel damaged after bizarre car crash
- Donor recipients, family meet for first time in Onalaska
- Sunday liquor sales ban on Minnesota House's chopping block
- Area organization helping so all girls can go to prom
- Taste of Trempealeau event raises money for public library
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments