LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - In Friday's News 8 Eye Piece, Photographer John Schmidt takes you to Toad's Cove Arena BMX.
The former Centerville BMX track has been on County Highway B in La Crosse since March and giving people of all ages a chance to ride on an indoor dirt track.
"You go one time around that track, you're gonna know you're burning calories. It works everything. It works your legs, your arms, every part of your body. These kids are learning these bikes before they can pedal. So the Stryders, what they do is they sit on this bike and they push themselves. And as they push themselves, they're getting that balance," said Toad's Cove Arena BMX Owner Andy Todd.
They hold competitions Thursday nights and on weekends and they hope to host national competitions in the near future
- Area hotel damaged after bizarre car crash
- Mobile app made in Wisconsin aims to empower women
- Man fatally stabs mother near Hudson, kills self after chase
- Sunday liquor sales ban on Minnesota House's chopping block
- Waukesha police hope DNA cracks 1975 baby death cold case
- Vehicle runs into river after driver swerves to avoid deer
- Donor recipients, family meet for first time in Onalaska
- Medical examiner identifies couple in murder-suicide case
- 10 sites in US named 'proving grounds' for driverless cars
- Ex-Wisconsin legislator Tom Larson dies after cancer fight