LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - In Friday's News 8 Eye Piece, Photographer John Schmidt takes you to Toad's Cove Arena BMX.
The former Centerville BMX track has been on County Highway B in La Crosse since March and giving people of all ages a chance to ride on an indoor dirt track.
"You go one time around that track, you're gonna know you're burning calories. It works everything. It works your legs, your arms, every part of your body. These kids are learning these bikes before they can pedal. So the Stryders, what they do is they sit on this bike and they push themselves. And as they push themselves, they're getting that balance," said Toad's Cove Arena BMX Owner Andy Todd.
They hold competitions Thursday nights and on weekends and they hope to host national competitions in the near future
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Wisconsin's youth prison hit with another lawsuit
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- Walker signs bill allowing minors at music festivals
- Minnesota lawmaker aims to make it harder to avoid vaccines
- 2-year-old Milwaukee boy accidentally shoots self
- The Latest: Lawmakers work through the night on state budget
- Man pleads not guilty in deadly Iowa jail escape
- Man accused of killing parents, sister, pleads not guilty
- Senators want hearing aids available over the counter