WEST SALEM, Wis. (WKBT) - We're in the middle of fair season with the La Crosse County Interstate Fair wrapping up last weekend and the Monroe County and Trempealeau County Fairs running this weekend.
In this week's Eye Piece, Chief Photographer Chuck Oedsma shows us what it's like to show calves at the fair.
"It's fun to see how excited they are and how excited they are to come in with their calf," said La Crosse County Interstate Fair Judge Londa Johnson. "And also how proud they are. You know, it's something they've worked at all summer long and they've put a lot of time and energy and effort into. So this is their time to showcase kind of all that work."
- Jackson County Fair: July 30-Aug 3
- Wisconsin State Fair: July 31-Aug 10
- Houston County Fair: Aug 13-17
- Vernon County Fair: Sept 10-14
Every Friday on News 8 at 6, we'll feature a photo essay from our talented photographers.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years