WEST SALEM, Wis. (WKBT) - We're in the middle of fair season with the La Crosse County Interstate Fair wrapping up last weekend and the Monroe County and Trempealeau County Fairs running this weekend.
In this week's Eye Piece, Chief Photographer Chuck Oedsma shows us what it's like to show calves at the fair.
"It's fun to see how excited they are and how excited they are to come in with their calf," said La Crosse County Interstate Fair Judge Londa Johnson. "And also how proud they are. You know, it's something they've worked at all summer long and they've put a lot of time and energy and effort into. So this is their time to showcase kind of all that work."
- Jackson County Fair: July 30-Aug 3
- Wisconsin State Fair: July 31-Aug 10
- Houston County Fair: Aug 13-17
- Vernon County Fair: Sept 10-14
Every Friday on News 8 at 6, we'll feature a photo essay from our talented photographers.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners