JACKSON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - On these hot summer days, there's nothing better than taking a dip in the water to cool off.
News 8 photographer John Schmidt takes us to the Lake Wazee, just outside of Black River Falls in Jackson County in these week's Eye Piece.
"I think when you get out on the water, its like you're in a different world. As soon as you push off from shore, its like you're in your own little place," said Jeff Polzin, a kayaking instructor.
Every Friday on News 8 at 6, we'll feature a photo essay from our talented photographers.
- Hunger Task Force garners tons of food through Family Fest
- La Crosse Fire Department offering free smoke alarm installation
- Area prospective home buyers learning basics
- Sunday liquor sales heads for final Minnesota Senate vote
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Researchers may have found link between stress and weight gain