JACKSON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - On these hot summer days, there's nothing better than taking a dip in the water to cool off.
News 8 photographer John Schmidt takes us to the Lake Wazee, just outside of Black River Falls in Jackson County in these week's Eye Piece.
"I think when you get out on the water, its like you're in a different world. As soon as you push off from shore, its like you're in your own little place," said Jeff Polzin, a kayaking instructor.
Every Friday on News 8 at 6, we'll feature a photo essay from our talented photographers.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Monroe Co. man avoids prison for shooting mother
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- Tomah VA, Fort McCoy team up for Memorial Day 5K
- Iowa man accused of stealing from ailing dad gets probation
- Wisconsin woman jumps on hood of her SUV to prevent theft
- Parents of malnourished teen found dead plead not guilty
- The Latest: Teen plane crash survivor in serious condition