JACKSON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - On these hot summer days, there's nothing better than taking a dip in the water to cool off.
News 8 photographer John Schmidt takes us to the Lake Wazee, just outside of Black River Falls in Jackson County in these week's Eye Piece.
"I think when you get out on the water, its like you're in a different world. As soon as you push off from shore, its like you're in your own little place," said Jeff Polzin, a kayaking instructor.
Every Friday on News 8 at 6, we'll feature a photo essay from our talented photographers.
- Area hotel damaged after bizarre car crash
- Mobile app made in Wisconsin aims to empower women
- Man fatally stabs mother near Hudson, kills self after chase
- Sunday liquor sales ban on Minnesota House's chopping block
- Waukesha police hope DNA cracks 1975 baby death cold case
- Vehicle runs into river after driver swerves to avoid deer
- Donor recipients, family meet for first time in Onalaska
- Medical examiner identifies couple in murder-suicide case
- 10 sites in US named 'proving grounds' for driverless cars
- Ex-Wisconsin legislator Tom Larson dies after cancer fight