LA CROSSE, Wis. - An area family has a New Year's to remember. The Lisota family from Houston, Minnesota, welcomed a new baby boy into their lives early Tuesday morning.
He was the first baby born in 2013 at Mayo Clinic Health System in La Crosse. No name yet, but we do know he came into this world weighing 7 pounds, 12 ounces.
The boy is the family's sixth child and was supposed to be born in 2012.
"A good New Year's surprise, yes," said the baby boy's mother Marcy Lisota. "We did not go out last night just in case. My other kids are ecstatic. I did hear though that my 3-year-old started crying when she found out it was a boy instead of a girl to play with but she'll survive," Lisota said with a laugh.
Lisota is an employee at Mayo Clinic in Caledonia. She says it was extra special to be able to have her baby at her employer's hospital.
- The Latest: Trump take executive action on oil pipelines
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY