LA CROSSE, Wis. - An area family has a New Year's to remember. The Lisota family from Houston, Minnesota, welcomed a new baby boy into their lives early Tuesday morning.
He was the first baby born in 2013 at Mayo Clinic Health System in La Crosse. No name yet, but we do know he came into this world weighing 7 pounds, 12 ounces.
The boy is the family's sixth child and was supposed to be born in 2012.
"A good New Year's surprise, yes," said the baby boy's mother Marcy Lisota. "We did not go out last night just in case. My other kids are ecstatic. I did hear though that my 3-year-old started crying when she found out it was a boy instead of a girl to play with but she'll survive," Lisota said with a laugh.
Lisota is an employee at Mayo Clinic in Caledonia. She says it was extra special to be able to have her baby at her employer's hospital.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay