LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A new second hand store in La Crosse is helping in the fight against domestic abuse.
2nd Chance Resale recently opened in the Bridgeview Mall on La Crosse north side. The store, run by ORC Industries, accepts donations of clothing, furniture and small household items either in pink drop boxes in the community, or at the store.
Those items will be sold, with the proceeds benefiting New Horizons Shelter and Outreach Center, which helps survivors of domestic abuse. New Horizons says the store is like a seven-day-a-week fundraiser at a time when budgets are shrinking.
"We've lost funding so we definitely have use for the monies, whether it is in utilities or food, transportation needs for clients and so forth," said New Horizons Executive Director Ann Kapauff.
The store opened May 5th and operates seven days a week. They are open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday from Noon until 6 p.m.
If you'd like to donate items, call 1-855-430-6070 toll free. To schedule a pick-up, visit 2ndchangeresale.org.
Here are the donation items 2nd Chance Resale is currently accepting:
- Women's, Children's and Men's Clothing
- Spring and summer items
- Spring jackets and coats
- Shoes and boots
- Dishes, glassware and kitchen utensils
- Pots, pans and bakeware
- Pictures, knick knacks and decorations
- Blankets and throws
- Non-electronic toys
- CDs and DVDs
- Sporting goods
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.