LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A new second hand store in La Crosse is helping in the fight against domestic abuse.
2nd Chance Resale recently opened in the Bridgeview Mall on La Crosse north side. The store, run by ORC Industries, accepts donations of clothing, furniture and small household items either in pink drop boxes in the community, or at the store.
Those items will be sold, with the proceeds benefiting New Horizons Shelter and Outreach Center, which helps survivors of domestic abuse. New Horizons says the store is like a seven-day-a-week fundraiser at a time when budgets are shrinking.
"We've lost funding so we definitely have use for the monies, whether it is in utilities or food, transportation needs for clients and so forth," said New Horizons Executive Director Ann Kapauff.
The store opened May 5th and operates seven days a week. They are open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday from Noon until 6 p.m.
If you'd like to donate items, call 1-855-430-6070 toll free. To schedule a pick-up, visit 2ndchangeresale.org.
Here are the donation items 2nd Chance Resale is currently accepting:
- Women's, Children's and Men's Clothing
- Spring and summer items
- Spring jackets and coats
- Shoes and boots
- Dishes, glassware and kitchen utensils
- Pots, pans and bakeware
- Pictures, knick knacks and decorations
- Blankets and throws
- Non-electronic toys
- CDs and DVDs
- Sporting goods
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns
- CSAs connecting fresh produce to consumers
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering