LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Logan High School Associate Principal Deb Markos has been named the high school's new principal.
Markos replaces Scott Mihalovic who announced his retirement in June.
Markos started in the School District of La Crosse in 1998 as the associate principal of Lincoln Middle School. Six years later, Markos became the associate principal at Logan High School. She taught math for 13 years with the Melrose-Mindoro School District before coming to the School District of La Crosse.
"Deb brings a strong instructional background to the position as well as passion for ensuring that the needs of all students are met," shares Superintendent of Schools Randy Nelson.
"I look forward to continuing Logan's strong commitment to excellence," shared Markos. "Logan has always been known for their family-like culture and I intend to work tirelessly to continue to cultivate that positive environment."
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest