LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Logan High School Associate Principal Deb Markos has been named the high school's new principal.
Markos replaces Scott Mihalovic who announced his retirement in June.
Markos started in the School District of La Crosse in 1998 as the associate principal of Lincoln Middle School. Six years later, Markos became the associate principal at Logan High School. She taught math for 13 years with the Melrose-Mindoro School District before coming to the School District of La Crosse.
"Deb brings a strong instructional background to the position as well as passion for ensuring that the needs of all students are met," shares Superintendent of Schools Randy Nelson.
"I look forward to continuing Logan's strong commitment to excellence," shared Markos. "Logan has always been known for their family-like culture and I intend to work tirelessly to continue to cultivate that positive environment."
- Hunger Task Force garners tons of food through Family Fest
- La Crosse Fire Department offering free smoke alarm installation
- Area prospective home buyers learning basics
- Sunday liquor sales heads for final Minnesota Senate vote
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Researchers may have found link between stress and weight gain