NEILLSVILLE, Wis. (WKBT) - Neillsville police say an officer has shot and killed an armed suspect during a confrontation early Friday morning.
Authorities say the officer responded to a domestic disturbance call about 2:30 a.m. Friday in Neillsville at a residence. Police say the officer was confronted by a subject with a weapon and shot the suspect.
The subject was then transported to Memorial Medical Center and flown to St. Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield where the person died.
The Clark County Sheriff's Office and the Wisconsin Department of Justice-Division of Criminal Investigation are investigating the incident. More information is expected to be released later on Friday.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay