NEILLSVILLE, Wis. (WKBT) - Neillsville police say an officer has shot and killed an armed suspect during a confrontation early Friday morning.
Authorities say the officer responded to a domestic disturbance call about 2:30 a.m. Friday in Neillsville at a residence. Police say the officer was confronted by a subject with a weapon and shot the suspect.
The subject was then transported to Memorial Medical Center and flown to St. Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield where the person died.
The Clark County Sheriff's Office and the Wisconsin Department of Justice-Division of Criminal Investigation are investigating the incident. More information is expected to be released later on Friday.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration