LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Students at Viterbo University are working to bring the community together.
Students enrolled in the Viterbo Mission Seminar hosted a Neighborhood Fall Bash Sunday afternoon at the La Crosse Public Library.
The event offered free chili Thanksgiving-themed crafts and even an opportunity to take a professional family photo.
One student says the event is a way to build connections.
"We go to soccer games ... and we go to different like concerts but people don't have the time to just mingle and spend time together and build community and relationships, so just spending that time being thankful for who we are and what we have," said Thea Peterson, nursing student at Viterbo.
This was the first year of the bash but the students hope it's the start of a new tradition.
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin Corrections Department closes internal unit
- Walker administration renews self-insurance push
- 10 inmates escape from Minnesota prison; 1 still on the lam
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Man convicted of killing Wisconsin woman buried in basement
- La Crosse school officials prepare for Summer Food Service Program
- State delays release of comments on Walker's Medicaid plans