LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Students at Viterbo University are working to bring the community together.
Students enrolled in the Viterbo Mission Seminar hosted a Neighborhood Fall Bash Sunday afternoon at the La Crosse Public Library.
The event offered free chili Thanksgiving-themed crafts and even an opportunity to take a professional family photo.
One student says the event is a way to build connections.
"We go to soccer games ... and we go to different like concerts but people don't have the time to just mingle and spend time together and build community and relationships, so just spending that time being thankful for who we are and what we have," said Thea Peterson, nursing student at Viterbo.
This was the first year of the bash but the students hope it's the start of a new tradition.
- Wisconsin state schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash
- Green Bay's mayor survives removal petition
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Groomer accused of kicking dog gets 2 years of probation
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Truck driver fatally crushed by pipe near Minneapolis
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday