GRINNELL, Iowa (AP) - Los Angeles Lakers' star Kobe Bryant says the scoring feat of Grinnell College's Jack Taylor is "pretty insane."
Taylor, who is from Black River Falls, Wisconsin, shattered the NCAA scoring record last night with 138 points in a 179-104 victory over Faith Baptist Bible.
The 5-10 sophomore sank 52 of 108 shots from the field -- including 27 3-pointers -- plus seven of 10 free throws. He says he felt like anything he tossed up was going in.
Rio Grande's Bevo Francis held the NCAA scoring record with 113 points against Hillsdale in 1954. Griffin Lentsch of Grinnell scored 89 against Principia last season.
Other NBA players are reacting, too. Carmelo Anthony of the New York Knicks says it's "like a video game" and teammate Raymond Felton says Taylor's elbow "has got to be sore."
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death