GRINNELL, Iowa (AP) - Los Angeles Lakers' star Kobe Bryant says the scoring feat of Grinnell College's Jack Taylor is "pretty insane."
Taylor, who is from Black River Falls, Wisconsin, shattered the NCAA scoring record last night with 138 points in a 179-104 victory over Faith Baptist Bible.
The 5-10 sophomore sank 52 of 108 shots from the field -- including 27 3-pointers -- plus seven of 10 free throws. He says he felt like anything he tossed up was going in.
Rio Grande's Bevo Francis held the NCAA scoring record with 113 points against Hillsdale in 1954. Griffin Lentsch of Grinnell scored 89 against Principia last season.
Other NBA players are reacting, too. Carmelo Anthony of the New York Knicks says it's "like a video game" and teammate Raymond Felton says Taylor's elbow "has got to be sore."
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- La Crosse Recycling Fair begins this Sunday
- ‘Youth & Government Day' offers students insight into local government