LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Tuesday was National Voter Registration Day, and the La Crosse City Clerk is urging people to register early.
If you plan to register by mail, you have to mail your forms by October 19th.
After that day, all voter registrations will have to be done in person at the city clerk's office, or at your polling place on Election Day. But registering early can save you time.
"Election day is very busy, and the more people we can get preregistered, and have their addresses updated and already in the system, the better off everybody will be on election day," said la Crosse City Clerk Terri Lehrke.
You can start your registration application online. Just head to MyVote.WI.gov.
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Attorney general announces deal on drug overdose treatment
- The Latest: Dakota Access pipeline could be operating soon
- Warm weather a worry for apple growers
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Appeals court hearing arguments in Wisconsin voting cases
- Police: Twin Cities lawyer fatally struck runner in St. Paul
- Downtown Minneapolis hospital announces layoffs
- Storm misses Birkie course, race canceled
- Vikings' stadium board at full strength after resignations