LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Tuesday was National Voter Registration Day, and the La Crosse City Clerk is urging people to register early.
If you plan to register by mail, you have to mail your forms by October 19th.
After that day, all voter registrations will have to be done in person at the city clerk's office, or at your polling place on Election Day. But registering early can save you time.
"Election day is very busy, and the more people we can get preregistered, and have their addresses updated and already in the system, the better off everybody will be on election day," said la Crosse City Clerk Terri Lehrke.
You can start your registration application online. Just head to MyVote.WI.gov.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners