LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse police have identified the homeless man who was found dead near downtown La Crosse Tuesday morning.
Police say Mark Fuchsteiner, 54, of La Crosse, died of hypothermia with alcohol being a contributing factor.
His blood alcohol content was .399 percent. That's almost five times the legal limit for alcohol consumption.
La Crosse police received a call from a resident near the 1100 block of Main Street in downtown La Crosse around 7:30 a.m. Tuesday. When officers arrived on scene, they found Fuchsteiner on the ground.17671626
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student
- Man convicted of attempted murder faces trial in second case