LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse police have identified the homeless man who was found dead near downtown La Crosse Tuesday morning.
Police say Mark Fuchsteiner, 54, of La Crosse, died of hypothermia with alcohol being a contributing factor.
His blood alcohol content was .399 percent. That's almost five times the legal limit for alcohol consumption.
La Crosse police received a call from a resident near the 1100 block of Main Street in downtown La Crosse around 7:30 a.m. Tuesday. When officers arrived on scene, they found Fuchsteiner on the ground.17671626
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says