BARRON COUNTY, Wis. - The Wisconsin State Patrol has released the name of the driver killed in a one-person vehicle crash on Thursday night in Barron County.
Authorities say Lucille Engrisch, 83, of Rice Lake, was fatally injured in a crash at 6:58 p.m. on northbound US 53 at the Chetek Exit/CTH-I. Passenger Russell Engrisch, 57, of Rice Lake, suffered non-life-threatening injuries and transported to LMC in Rice Lake.
When the State Trooper arrived on scene, the vehicle was on its roof in the gore area of the Chetek off-ramp. Authorities say the preliminary investigation shows the vehicle attempted to take the Chetek exit, but missed the exit ramp, struck a highway sign and began to roll as it entered the ditch.
The State Patrol says at the time of the crash, the light snow fell and the roadway was snow-covered and slippery.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY
- Section of riverbank collapses near City Hall in Des Moines
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore