BARRON COUNTY, Wis. - The Wisconsin State Patrol has released the name of the driver killed in a one-person vehicle crash on Thursday night in Barron County.
Authorities say Lucille Engrisch, 83, of Rice Lake, was fatally injured in a crash at 6:58 p.m. on northbound US 53 at the Chetek Exit/CTH-I. Passenger Russell Engrisch, 57, of Rice Lake, suffered non-life-threatening injuries and transported to LMC in Rice Lake.
When the State Trooper arrived on scene, the vehicle was on its roof in the gore area of the Chetek off-ramp. Authorities say the preliminary investigation shows the vehicle attempted to take the Chetek exit, but missed the exit ramp, struck a highway sign and began to roll as it entered the ditch.
The State Patrol says at the time of the crash, the light snow fell and the roadway was snow-covered and slippery.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract