LANSING, Iowa - No one was injured when a mudslide hit the back of a house about one mile south of Lansing, Iowa, early Sunday morning.
The couple, Dick and Donna Reed, lived in the house off of Great River Road for about seven years.
The family told News 8 he was sleeping in the back bedroom with a small dog when the tree came through the window due to the mudslide that was caused by area flooding. It happened at about 3:20 a.m. Sunday.
Dick and Donna's children are helping them salvage what they can in case the house slides further off of its foundation.
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Dayton names new Minnesota State Lottery director
- Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention
- Walker: Not my job to remove Sheriff Clarke after jail death
- Minnesota woman gets probation for supporting al-Shabab