LA CROSSE, Wis. - This weekend you may be able to enjoy the natural beauty of our area from the ski slopes.
Mount La Crosse is officially open.
Two of its 19 runs were open to skiers on Thursday. Those runs are expected to be open Friday evening too.17776448
The hill's General Manager, Darcie Breidel, tells News 8 it wasn't easy to get those runs open.
She says Mother Nature hasn't been very helpful to the hill's snow-making efforts, but adds that the ski hill has been cranking out as much snow as it can, and skiers and snowboarders are taking advantage of it.
"People are definitely ready to be out here, anxious to get out even if it isn't much snow," says Breidel, " It's enough so people are still willing to come out and have some fun."
Mt. La Crosse's plans to be open this weekend, of course, depend on the weather.
To see current conditions at the hill, head to Mt. La Crosse's website.
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Assignment: Education - Backpack meals