LA CROSSE, Wis. - This weekend you may be able to enjoy the natural beauty of our area from the ski slopes.
Mount La Crosse is officially open.
Two of its 19 runs were open to skiers on Thursday. Those runs are expected to be open Friday evening too.17776448
The hill's General Manager, Darcie Breidel, tells News 8 it wasn't easy to get those runs open.
She says Mother Nature hasn't been very helpful to the hill's snow-making efforts, but adds that the ski hill has been cranking out as much snow as it can, and skiers and snowboarders are taking advantage of it.
"People are definitely ready to be out here, anxious to get out even if it isn't much snow," says Breidel, " It's enough so people are still willing to come out and have some fun."
Mt. La Crosse's plans to be open this weekend, of course, depend on the weather.
To see current conditions at the hill, head to Mt. La Crosse's website.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- Wisconsin student wants sex charges dismissed
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run