MOUNT PLEASANT, Wis. (AP) - Mount Pleasant police have made an arrest in the death of a 3-year-old boy.
According to Mount Pleasant Police Chief Tim Zarzecki, police and paramedics received a call at about 10:10 a.m. Friday for an unresponsive child.
Racine County Medical Examiner Mike Payne says 3-year-old Hunter J. Wise was pronounced dead about 20 minutes later at a Racine hospital.
Later that day, police arrested a male on tentative charges of first-degree intentional homicide in connection with the child's death. He's being held at the Racine County Jail pending formal charging by the district attorney's office.
Payne tells the Journal Times that medical examiner officials started the boy's autopsy Saturday morning but results likely won't be available until Monday.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016