MOUNT PLEASANT, Wis. (AP) - Mount Pleasant police have made an arrest in the death of a 3-year-old boy.
According to Mount Pleasant Police Chief Tim Zarzecki, police and paramedics received a call at about 10:10 a.m. Friday for an unresponsive child.
Racine County Medical Examiner Mike Payne says 3-year-old Hunter J. Wise was pronounced dead about 20 minutes later at a Racine hospital.
Later that day, police arrested a male on tentative charges of first-degree intentional homicide in connection with the child's death. He's being held at the Racine County Jail pending formal charging by the district attorney's office.
Payne tells the Journal Times that medical examiner officials started the boy's autopsy Saturday morning but results likely won't be available until Monday.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse